Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we had late summer in the UK this year after such an awful start to the summer holidays. As the days transition from the vibrant hues of summer to the gentle embrace of autumn, radiant sunshine and balmy temperatures, we can continue to eat outside in the garden.
Here are my all time two favourite delicious dishes that are perfect to enjoy on warm end-of-summer evenings:
- Grilled Vegetable and Quinoa Salad.
- Take advantage of the remaining warm evenings with a refreshing grilled vegetable and quinoa salad. Chop and dice up with a Rocknife an assortment of colourful vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, and cherry tomatoes. Roast them in the oven. Toss them with cooked quinoa, fresh herbs like basil and mint, and a zesty vinaigrette made with olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. This dish is both light and satisfying, making it a great option for warm evenings. Another is Grilled prawns in garlic oil with tomatoes and herbs make for a mouthwatering dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the minced garlic and olive oil. Season it with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Scatter the halved cherry tomatoes around the prawns. Drizzle the remaining garlic oil over the prawns and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the chopped fresh herbs over the prawns and tomatoes. The herbs will add a burst of flavour and freshness.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the prawns are pink and opaque. Once the prawns are cooked through and the tomatoes are slightly roasted, remove the dish from the oven.
- Serve the grilled prawns in garlic oil with tomatoes and herbs immediately. You can enjoy this dish as an appetizer or as a main course, perhaps with some crusty bread to soak up the flavorful juices.
This dish is bursting with flavour from the garlic-infused oil, the sweetness of the roasted tomatoes, and the freshness of the herbs. It's a perfect option for a delightful and light summer or end-of-summer meal. Here’s to an Indian summer.